Whether you are a high school graduate or you are graduating from College, Grad School, or moving into a new position. There is lots of advice being shared during this time of year. Here is some advice that I have shared often:
– If you need help ask for it. It always surprises me how many people have questions or need help with something but they are afraid to ask. There are lots of people out there that want to help you! Remember to do unto others as you would have them do unto you. So help others whenever you can.
– Say yes – be willing to say yes to new and sometimes seemingly scary opportunities because you never know where it will lead.
– Manage your online reputation carefully. Post your successes, highlight your expertise, etc but remember everything you post “sticks to you like a tattoo”.
– Continue educating yourself (formally and informally) because learning never stops.
– Work smart and ALWAYS be kind.
– Be excellent. All the time, in every way.
If you be your best every day and opportunities will come.
What’s the best advice you’ve received? Share it in the comments section.